|6th District Convention Voting Process:
Once you arrive on Candlers Mountain Road, there will only be one entrance open at Thomas Road Baptist Church, which will be the one right across from Applebee’s. Liberty University Police will be directing traffic so it will be easily recognizable.
When you enter the parking lot an attendant will ask you which county/city you are from and will then place a small placard on your window with the name of your locality. You will be directed to the appropriate Region Voting line by an attendant.
Units and Regions are as follows, per the 6th District Bylaws:
- Northern Region — Harrisonburg, Page, Rockingham, Shenandoah and Warren;
- Central Region — Amherst, Augusta, Bath, Lynchburg, Buena Vista, Highland, Lexington, Rockbridge, Staunton and Waynesboro;
- Southern Region — Bedford County, Botetourt County, Roanoke City and Roanoke County.
As you approach the unit voting lines you will see a sign in front of the lane where your unit delegates will be voting and an attendant directing you that way.
When you stop in front of the tent with an election worker present you will be asked to present your photo ID. They will repeat your name and address back to you and your name will be marked off the delegate list and you will be handed a ballot and a pen.
Proceed with your ballot to an empty parking space and fill in your ballot. Once you have completed your ballot proceed in the line to the Unit check out tent. Once there you will be asked by a worker to present your photo ID once more, they will repeat your name and address back to you, your name will be checked off the delegate list and you will place your ballot into the ballot box. An attendant will remove the county placard from your car and you will be directed to the exit lane which will proceed to Regents Parkway and out to Wards Road.
Some things you need to know:
– DO NOT exit your vehicle (unless you are riding on a bus and are directed by an election worker), if you have questions there will be attendants nearby that you can wave down.
– DO NOT leave the voting area with a ballot. If you attempt to return with an unused ballot to vote, you will be prohibited from voting.
Here is a map of the process:
Also, attached here is the Rules Report of the Convention which goes into greater detail regarding the process.
These rules will be approved/modified at the July 10th Committee Meeting!
This information created for you by Roanoke County GOP Chairman Dan Webb at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text at 540-892-0138. He will be at the convention site for the entirety of the voting process.