- 2 LYNCHBURG REPUBLICAN CITY COMMITTEE
- 3 OFFICIAL CALL FOR A MASS MEETING
- 5 As Chairman of the Lynchburg Republican City Committee (“LRCC”), pursuant to
- 6 the Republican Party of Virginia Plan of Organization, and as recommended and directed
- 7 by the LRCC, I, Eric Harrison, do hereby issue this call for a Mass Meeting for the
- 8 following purpose:
- 9 Election of delegates to the 2021 Republican Party of Virginia State
- 10 Convention (hereafter “the State Convention”) on May 8, 2021 at a location
- 11 directed by the Republican Party for the purpose of nominating one
- 12 candidate each for the offices of Governor, Lieutenant Governor and
- 13 Attorney General in the November 2, 2021 general election.
- 14 QUALIFICATIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
- 15 All legal and qualified voters in the City of Lynchburg under the laws of the
- 16 Commonwealth of Virginia, regardless of race, religion, national origin or sex, who are in
- 17 accord with the principles of the Republican Party and who, if requested, express in
- 18 open meeting either orally or in writing as may be required their intent to support all of
- 19 its nominees for public office in the ensuing election may participate as members of the
- 20 Republican Party of Virginia in this mass meeting.
- 21 In addition to the foregoing, to be in accord with the principles of the Republican
- 22 Party, a person otherwise qualified hereunder shall not have participated in Virginia in a
- 23 nomination process of a party other than the Republican Party within the last five (5)
- 24 years. A single exception shall be approved for a voter who renounces affiliation with
- 25 any other party in writing, and who expresses in writing that he/she is in accord with the
- 26 principles of the Republican Party and intends, at the time of the writing, to support the
- 27 nominees of the Republican Party in the future. Any voter who utilizes the foregoing
- 28 exception, and thereafter participates in the nomination process of a party other than
- 29 the Republican Party, shall not have the benefit of the exception thereafter. Within 30
- 30 days of receipt, the Official Committee shall provide a copy of this signed renunciation
- 31 statement to the Republican Party of Virginia, to be maintained for a period of five (5)
- 32 years.
- 33 Any Military Member who is otherwise qualified to participate in Republican Party
- 34 actions and who complies with the procedures herein to become a delegate to the
- 35 Convention, and who produces valid military identification or other proof of active-duty
- 36 status shall be certified as a delegate and shall not be required to be elected as a
- 37 delegate.
- 38 Military Members who are certified as delegates pursuant to the preceding
- 39 paragraph that are unable to attend the convention in person due to obligations of their
- 40 official military orders, shall have their votes cast within their unit delegation. Military
- 41 Member ballots shall be made available by the LRCC Chairman or his designee by April
- 42 20, 2021. Military Member Ballots must be received by the LRCC Chairman or his
- 43 designee no later than 12:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time (hereafter, “EDT”) on
- 44 Wednesday, May 5, 2021.
- 45 Military Member Ballots must be returned to the Lynchburg Republican City
- 46 Committee at Post Office Box 12237, Lynchburg Virginia, 24506 delivered to Patsy
- 47 Walker at 2432 Indian Hill Road, Lynchburg, Virginia 24503, or scanned and emailed to
- 48 LynchburgRepublicanCC@gmail.com.
- 49 PREFILING OF DELEGATES FOR THE REPUBLICAN PARTY OF VIRGINIA STATE
- 50 CONVENTION
- 51 Any individual seeking election as a delegate from the City of Lynchburg to the
- 52 State Convention MUST prefile by submitting a completed “2021 State Convention
- 53 Delegate Filing Form”. The completed 2021 State Convention Delegate Filing Form
- 54 must be delivered to the Lynchburg Republican City Committee c/o Patsy Walker,
- 55 Secretary, no later than 8:00 PM EDT on Monday, April 19, 2021. Forms may be mailed
- 56 to the Lynchburg Republican City Committee at Post Office Box 12237, Lynchburg
- 57 Virginia, 24506, delivered to Patsy Walker at 2432 Indian Hill Road, Lynchburg, Virginia
- 58 24503 or scanned and emailed to LynchburgRepublicanCC@gmail.com. Postmarks do
- 59 not matter. Prefile forms must be actually received by the deadline.
- 60 Alternatively, an individual seeking election as a delegate may prefile by
- 61 submitting a form via the LRCC website,
- 62 https://www.lynchburgrepublicanparty.com/2021-rpv-convention. Online submissions
- 63 must be received by no later than 8:00 PM EDT on Monday, April 19, 2021.
REQUIREMENT OF PHYSICAL MASS MEETING WAIVED
66 67 68
69 70 71 72
74 75 76 77 78
79 80 81
As there is no cap upon the number of permitted delegates from the City of Lynchburg under the terms of the State Convention call, the requirement of an assembled mass meeting for the purpose of election of delegates is waived.
Pursuant to Art. VIII and Art. XII of the Party Plan of the Republican Party of Virginia, prospective delegates who comply with the qualifications for participation and the prefiling requirements herein shall be considered elected as a delegate to the State Convention.
This mass meeting call, along with prefile and candidate forms, will be published on the Lynchburg Republican City Committee website at http://www.lynchburgrepublicanparty.com, on the Virginia Sixth District Republican Committee website http://www.sixthdistrictgop.org/ and on the Republican Party of Virginia website at http://virginia.gop/ .
The publication requirement in a newspaper of general circulation has been waived by a vote of at least 2/3 of the members of the Lynchburg Republican City Committee approving this call.